Processing of your personal data
Auto-Maskin AS, Reg. No. 921 853 181 of Norway (the ”Company”) takes all necessary measures to make sure that personal data concerning our contacts is being processed by us in a lawfully, fairly and transparent manner.
The Company is committed to protecting your personal data and it is important to the Company to ensure that your personal data is being processed in a secure way. We comply with all applicable laws and rules that exist to protect the privacy of individuals, including the Norwegian Personal Data Act (No.: Datatilsynet) and such other laws or regulation that implements the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC, the Electronic Communications Directive 2002/58/EC and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) and any changes to, amendments to or regulations that replace such laws and regulations. We use appropriate technical and organisational measures with respect to the amount and sensitivity of personal data.
Some pages on our website may contain links to third party websites. These websites have their own privacy policies and the Company is not responsible for their operations or their information policies. Any user who sends information to or through these third party websites should hence review the privacy policies posted on those websites before any personal data is transferred to them.
What personal data do we collect and where from?
If you place an order with our company or otherwise use our services, you may provide information to us that is considered personal data under applicable data protection laws.
The types of personal data that we collect may, depending on the context, include:
- name and contact information including address, mobile number and email address;
- personal identity number;
- delivery and billing information, payment information and other information that you provide in connection with the purchase or delivery of a product or service;
- different kinds of demographic information;
- information about preferences and interests based on the use of the Company’s websites;
- username and password for our services;
- other information that is relevant for customer surveys, advertisement/marketing or offers; and/or
- other user-generated information that you actively choose to share through our websites.
We may collect your personal data from the following sources:
- any of Auto-Maskin’s websites, e.g. when you order a product or subscribe to our newsletter;
- from third parties in the form of group companies, or companies that the Company engages for the purpose of enriching its customer database.
Why do we process your personal data?
If you have ordered a product you have entered into an agreement with the Company. As a result, we process your personal data for the purpose of managing your purchase or order, and in order to deliver the service or product that you have ordered.
In addition to processing your personal data to complete your purchase of products or services, the Company may use your personal data for other purposes, based on other legal grounds, as set out below:
- Performance of a contract: For the handling and administration of purchases, deliveries of products, to make payments as well as to give you access to the Company’s websites and the services (inter alia customer support) provided there.
- Consent: Direct marketing (by regular mail and email), customer surveys, customer support and newsletters.
- Compliance with a legal obligation: We save invoice documentation in accordance with applicable accounting laws and regulations.
- Legitimate interest: In order to be able to provide, carry out and improve our commitments, products and services, it is necessary for us to process personal data in some other cases as well, e.g. by analysing our customers’ buying patterns in order to provide them with relevant information and marketing, as well as for statistical purposes.
In the event that a service that we provide requires your consent, we will always explicitly ask you to give your consent to such a service and to the processing of your personal data in such a case. For example, we will ask for your consent if you would like to subscribe to any of the Company’s newsletters or if you would like to create an account on any of the Company’s websites.
Retention of personal data
The Company takes all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is processed and stored securely. Your personal data will never be stored longer than permitted by applicable law or longer than necessary to fulfil the above stated purposes. Your personal data will be processed by us during the following time periods.
- Performance of a contract: Personal data (name, personal identity number, address, telephone number, email, billing and delivery information) which is submitted to the Company in connection with the order of products or services is stored for as long as necessary in order for the Company’s performance of the agreement with you. This includes, inter alia, fulfilling delivery or warranty commitments.
- Legal obligation: The Company saves any documentation that constitutes accounting information in accordance with applicable accounting legislation.
- Consent: In cases where we process your personal data based on your consent, we will only save your personal data for as long as we still have your consent.
- Direct marketing: We may process your personal data for direct marketing purposes for as long as five (5) years after the customer relationship has ended, unless you object to your personal data being used for direct marketing purposes.
- Job applicants: Your personal data will never be stored longer than the current year, plus additional five (5) years.
Transfer of personal data
- Partners outside the group of companies that the Company belongs to: Our partners, i.e. companies outside the group of companies that the Company belongs to and which are approved by the Company, may get access to your personal data for the purpose of giving you access to targeted information and offers about products and services.
- Matching with private and public records: The Company may enrich your personal data with further information through collection of information from other private and public records. In this way, your personal data may be enriched and updated.
- Business transactions: If all or part of the Company’s operations is sold or integrated with any other business, operation or company, your personal data may be disclosed to our advisors, potential buyers and their advisors, and be transferred to the new owners of the operation.
- Legal obligations: Your personal data may also be disclosed for the purpose of the Company’s compliance with certain legal obligations and it may be transferred to the Police and other relevant public authorities when permitted and required by law.
The type of transfers mentioned above may only be carried out to companies within the EU or EEA (i.e. all EU member states and Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein).
Withdrawal of consent
In the event that we process your personal data based on your consent, e.g. regarding subscription to newsletters, you may withdraw your consent at any time. Such withdrawal may be made in whole or in part. If you do not wish to receive the newsletter from us you may withdraw your consent by contacting customer service or, if sent by email, through a link in that email. By clicking this link, you will be able to manage your subscriptions to the newsletters sent by email from the Company.
You have the right to request information about what personal data concerning you that we are processing and how it is being used by contacting us in writing (see contact details below). You can change your personal details at any time in your account settings online, if you have an account on any of our websites, or by contacting customer service (contact details below). You are also entitled to request correction of incorrect, incomplete or ambiguous personal data concerning you by contacting customer service. For the protection of your privacy and your personal data, we may require that you identify yourself in connection with our assistance.
In accordance with applicable data protection laws, you also have the right to request that your personal data be erased or that the processing of your personal data be restricted. In certain situations you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and request that your personal data be transmitted in an electronic format.
The Company uses so-called cookies on our websites. A cookie is a small text file sent from a website to your web browser. The cookie cannot identify you personally, but only the web browser that is installed on your computer and the web browser you use when visiting the webpage. Consequently, different cookies are saved on different computers, should you use different computers when visiting our websites. Cookies do not carry viruses and cannot destroy any other information stored on your computer.
Cookies are usually categorised based on their origin and based on whether they are stored in your web browser or not. Cookies can either be sent to you from the website you visit (i.e. first-party cookie) or from another organisation that delivers services to the current website, such as an analysts and statistical company (i.e. third-party cookies). Cookies can also be divided into session cookies and permanent cookies.
A session cookie is sent to your computer so that the webpages can function properly during your visit, but is erased when you close down your web browser. The function of a session cookie is for example that it is activated when you return to a previously visited part of the website and thus facilitates your navigation on the website. A permanent cookie, on the other hand, is stored on your computer and thus allows a web page to recognise your computer later even if you turn off your computer or log out between visits. The cookie is stored for a set time and is then deleted.
The Company uses both session cookies and permanent cookies on our website. Both types of cookies are needed primarily for the functionality of our services, to help us improve our delivery of products and services, to provide you with additional functionality or to help us provide you with relevant and customised advertisement/marketing. Furthermore, the Company uses third-party cookies from Google Analytics to investigate how to adapt and develop the information on the Company’s website in the best possible way.
If the changes concern processing of personal data that we carry out based on your consent, we will give you the opportunity to once again give your consent to the processing on the new terms presented.
Data protection officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. Headquarters front desk:
(+47) 64 84 52 00